The Hong Kong Institute of Urban Design (HKIUD) Urban Design Awards are held every two years to recognise urban design related projects with outstanding performance and contributions in promoting excellence in Urban Design. These awards are now open to all relevant projects under the following four categories.
- Award for Urban Design - Built project
- Awards for Urban Design – Urban Intervention
- Award for Urban Design - Plan / Concept
- Award for Urban Design – Research
|18 June 2021||Open for Nomination and Submission|
|18 August 2021||Nomination and Submission close at 3:00pm (HK Time)|
|Early September 2021||Awards Adjudication|
|September 2021||HKIUD Urban Design Awards 2021 Presentation Ceremony in conjunction with HKIUD 11th Anniversary Dinner|
- No limitation to the Urban Design project nature and size.
- Projects of Awards for Urban Design - Built Project and Urban Intervention categories must be nominated by professional members of the Hong Kong Institute of Urban Design and must be completed physically between 2011 and 1 June 2021.
- Projects of Awards for Urban Design - Plan / Concept and Urban Design – Research categories can be nominated by non-members of the Hong Kong Institute of Urban Design. Projects of Awards for Urban Design - Plan / Concept can be completed and accepted by the Government departments concerned or client who commissioned the projects, between 1 January 2011 and 1 June 2021.
- Projects of Awards for Urban Design - Urban Intervention is for small-scale interventions that have been completed physically and made a significant contribution to the urban environment, for example:
- One or a group of small buildings of a total building area of not more than 2000 m2
- A landscape area or public space of a total building area of less than 3000 m2
- Small urban elements, e.g. pavilion, shelter, street furniture, lighting, public art, gateway or
- Other forms of temporary or permanent interventions.
- The nominated project shall in no way be associated with members of the jury panel.
- There are three award categories under Research Award:
- Urban design book award
- Urban design research award – “practitioner”
- Urban design research award – “Academic/Scientific”
The Jurors will decide which category it falls.
Award for Urban Design - Built project
Awards for Urban Design – Urban Intervention
Award for Urban Design - Plan / Concept
HK$1,500 for one submission
HK$1,200 for early bird submission on or before 15 July 2021
HK$ 500 for one submission
HK$ 400 for early bird submission on or before 15 July 2021
Free for submissions made by all Students.
(nomination fee is non-refundable once it is submitted)
All Submissions must be labeled “HKIUD URBAN DESIGN AWARDS 2021 NOMINATION” and to be submitted together with the printed foam boards/book/report/paper, CD/USB containing the digital copies in pdf format of the duly signed nomination form, and all the documents required in this section of the nomination form (Resolution not less than 350 dpi, pdf file size not larger than 20MB for 2 panels). and fee by hand to Nina Hospitality Company Limited, 10/F, Nina Tower 2, Nina Hotel Tsuen Wan West, 8 Yeung Uk Road, Tsuen Wan, NT for the attention of Ms Cherry Lau / Mr. Davy Tam on or before 3:00 pm (HK time) of 18 August 2021.
Download the Nomination Form>>
Hong Kong Institute of Urban Design Administrative Officer – Ms. Cherry Lau
Tel: 852-2235 9057
Fax: 852-3007 3607