The Hong Kong Institute of Urban Design (HKIUD) was established at June 2010 and we are a group of professionals who aim at promoting urban design through accreditation, discussion and education. Our core members are all existing members of associated professional bodies, who have a long and creditable association with urban design in Hong Kong.
Our objectives are:
- To promote urban design excellence in education, research and practice
- To promote education and research in urban design
- To establish professional qualifications for urban designers
- To accredit the urban design curriculum of university courses
- To create a platform for information sharing on urban design issues in Hong Kong and the region
- To strengthen the communication between urban designers
- To promote continuing professional development of urban designers
- To promote urban design standards and services
- To promote the community’s awareness of the value and need of urban design
- To provide mentorship / advisor system to younger urban designers, graduates and students.